Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Getting to know me


Ok sooooooo I know it's been awhile but this time I WILL try and be consistent with my blogs. I've been working away on my new album for the past 6 or so months with an incredible producer in Hamilton and of course my husband and co-writer Jeff. We've decided to release a 5 song EP instead of a full album so you don't have to wait too much longer to get a copy of my new stuff! If you haven't heard yet, this album will have a more roots/blues/ country feel. I am very proud of my debut album "Alive" which was a pop/rock album but this new direction just feels right...That's the beauty about being independent, you can write and record your music the way you're inspired to. I have been extremely fortunate this time around to have had some very talented musicians playing on my tracks. People like David Love, guitarist with Bachman Cummings, Don Reed fiddle player for Anne Murray/Dwight Yokam and the list goes on.


I have some more exciting news, I have been nominated for "Best Country" song at the Ontario Independent Awards which will be held on Thursday, Oct 16 at the Phoenix in Toronto. It's open to the public and free to attend!


Well I've gotta run. Next time I'll put up some photos from shows I've done this past summer. In the meantime, check out 2 of my new songs (rough mixes) at www.myspace.com/anniemarleau . Also, please visit my website and sign my guestbook and join my mailing list so that I can keep you updated!


Love and light always,

Annie

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Congrats on the nomination Annie, I hope you win! I'll spin over to your other site and give it a listen! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:11 AM

    hey Annie it is your cousin Emily and i would like to say is your site is the BOMM???

    ReplyDelete